Presentations and Publications
- Thesis: “Exploring San Francisco’s Treasures: Mashing Up Public Art, Social Media, and Volunteered Geographic Information to Create a Dynamic Guide.” San Francisco Public Art Map, www.sfpublicart.com
- Presenter, “Showdown in San Francisco Public Art: Ready, Set, Draw,” AAG GeoWeb & Big Data alt.conf, April 2014.
- Presenter, 2014 Fourth Annual Los Angeles Geospatial Summit, on the San Francisco Public Art Map and application, February 2014.
- Featured in “Take a Beautiful Tour of All the Public Art in the Bay Area,” John Metcalfe, Atlantic Cities, November 14, 2013.
- Poster, “San Francisco Public Art,” Mapping and its Discontents Symposium, UC Berkeley, November 2013.
- Milholland, N. and E. Pultar. 2013. The San Francisco Public Art Map Application: Using VGI and Social Media to Complement Institutional Data Sources. In MAPINTERACT ’13. Orlando, USA: ACM. ISBN: 978-1-4503-2536-3 doi:10.1145/2534931.2534946
- “Got Pics? More Ways to Make Your Friends Jealous Through Publishing Your Geotagged Photos,” ESRI Developer Conference, March 2013. Code available for Map your trip: Geologger NMEA format file and Picasa Photos
Awards and Honors
- 3rd Place USC GIST Thesis Award Competition, May 2014
- Finalist, “See-Through Maps: Maps That Lay Bare Their Point of View,” Mapping Competition. November 2013.
- University of Southern California ESRI Development Center (EDC) Student of the Year, 2013
- Robert Raskin Mapping Mashup Competition Finalist with presentation at AAG, April 2013
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, 2013
- Winner, CCSF GIS Education Center Mapping Competition, 2011